New Urban Registry has adopted this Personal Information Protection Policy in compliance with the provincial privacy law Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA).
The protection of your personal information is very important to us. We are committed to protecting your privacy by protecting personal information you provide to us. We ensure that our employees treat all the personal information to which they may have access as confidential. Personal Information is only used for the purpose for which it was collected and will not be disclosed without authorization or used for personal gain.
Personal information is factual or subjective information, recorded or not, about an identifiable individual. It can include (but is not limited to) home addresses and telephone numbers, age, gender, marital or family status, identifying numbers such as social insurance number and/or drivers licence, race, national or ethic origin, colour and the nature and frequency and type of our services used by you. It does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
The amount and the nature of the personal information we will require depends on the services and products you request from us. For certain services, additional information may be needed in order to accomplish the service properly. Although it is always your choice to provide us with the personal information, it may affect the availability of the products and services provided by New Urban Registry.
Reason for collecting and use of personal information
The purpose of this policy is to preserve the privacy of our clients by assuring that the information is handled confidentially and only for the correct purposes. The people at New Urban Registry use your information to understand your needs and preferences, to communicate with you, to deliver the services you have requested and to offer you additional information and services you might be interested in. New Urban Registry will not sell or give away your personal information at any time.
Our employees are aware of the importance of protecting your privacy. Therefore they handle all the personal information provided by you as confidential.
In order to protect your personal information and to handle it fair at all times, throughout the organization and in dealings with third parties we are following the 10 Principles of Privacy, which have been established by the Government of Alberta.
- AccountabilityNew Urban Registry is responsible for all personal information under its control. Therefore we appointed our Office Manager to assure the organization’s compliance with the 10 principles.
- Identifying PurposesNew Urban Registry will identify the reasons for collecting personal information before or at the time of collection.
- Obtaining ConsentThe knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclose of personal information by New Urban Registry.
- Limiting CollectionThe collection of personal information will be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by New Urban Registry.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and RetentionThe personal information provided by you will only be used or disclosed for the purpose it was collected for, unless the individual consents or the use or disclosure is authorized by law. New Urban Registry retains personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
- AccuracyPersonal information shall be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- SafeguardsNew Urban Registry will protect personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- OpennessNew Urban Registry will make readily available its information policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Individual AccessUpon request New Urban Registry will inform you of the existence, use, disclosure of your personal information and you will be given access to that information. You may examine the accuracy and completeness of the information and you can have it rectified as appropriate.
New Urban Registry would like to have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above. New Urban Registry assumes to have your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information. You can withdraw your consent at any time and provide New Urban Registry with reasonable notice of the withdrawal.
In accordance with applicable law, New Urban Registry may charge you a reasonable fee for access to personal information and for making copies of personal information requested.
Questions And Access