New Urban Registry

Driver’s Abstract (From Out-of-Province)


Driver’s Abstract (From Out-of-Province)

SKU N/A Category

Description of Service:

A Driver’s Abstract will include information with regard to the current status of the operator’s licence, any conviction information, any demerit points and suspensions. It will also confirm name, address, date of birth, height, weight, sex, motor vehicle identification number, an Alberta operator licence number (if one exists), issue date, expiration date, and class of the licence.

Please note that a driver’s abstract WILL NOT confirm your date first licensed in Alberta, if you require this information you must request a Confirmation Letter

Forms Required:

Notarized Request for Personal Driving and Motor Vehicle Information Form – During covid this form DOES NOT REQUIRE NOTARIZATION

Documents Required:

One copy of your valid photo identification that includes your name and date of birth such as driver’s license or passport – During covid this ID DOES NOT REQUIRE NOTARIZATION

Information Required:

You must email the form and your identification to:


$28.00 + mailing fees noted below

Your documents will be mailed to the address specified on the Notarized Request, the cost for mailing within Canada is $16.00, US is $35.00.

For any addresses outside of Canada and the United States, you will be required to submit your own shipping label via email.

Please note that these documents CANNOT be sent via email or fax

Payment information:

You may pay via e-transfer to or via credit card – a link will be provided to you upon receipt of your application.

Delivery Method

Pickup at Office, Mail within Canada, Mail to United States, Mail outside Canada and United States

Alberta Health Care Requirements

Legal Entitlement Proof of Alberta Residency Proof of ID
Canadian Birth Certificate/ Passport/ citizenship card/certificate Alberta drivers licence / ID Card Valid Driver’s Licence/ ID Card / School ID
Work Permit (Must State Alberta or Open) / Study Permit Provincial assistance programs (Current Income Support/Current AISH card Federal ID (Department of National Defence/ Royal Canadian Mounted Police/ First Nations / Inuit)
Permanent Resident card/ PR Confirmation Current bills for Alberta residence within 6 months (Gas/ Phone/Utility/Cable PR Card
Refugee Claimant (Notice of Decision/ Single Journey Documents/ Work Permit Current Alberta documents (Property Tax/Land Title/Mortgage/Lease agreement/Rental Insurance/Vehicle Registration) Canadian Passport (Expired PP is acceptable)
Indian Status Card/ Treaty Card Non- Canadian Passport
Federal ID (Department of National Defence/ Royal Canadian Mounted Police/ First Nations / Inuit )