New Urban Registry

Marriage in another country?

Marriage Search Letters

Before being married abroad, some jurisdictions require that you prove your current marital status. A marriage search letter will prove whether or not a marriage event has occurred. This search letter only provides information on Alberta events and you would need to contact the particular Vital Statistics office of the other jurisdictions if that is required of you. These search letters are produced by Vital Statistics in Alberta and are delivered within 5-7 business days. The applicant must order this document in person at New Urban Registry and bring with them a valid piece of photo identification.

Additional Information:

Marriage Search Letter

Alberta Health Care Requirements

Legal Entitlement Proof of Alberta Residency Proof of ID
Canadian Birth Certificate/ Passport/ citizenship card/certificate Alberta drivers licence / ID Card Valid Driver’s Licence/ ID Card / School ID
Work Permit (Must State Alberta or Open) / Study Permit Provincial assistance programs (Current Income Support/Current AISH card Federal ID (Department of National Defence/ Royal Canadian Mounted Police/ First Nations / Inuit)
Permanent Resident card/ PR Confirmation Current bills for Alberta residence within 6 months (Gas/ Phone/Utility/Cable PR Card
Refugee Claimant (Notice of Decision/ Single Journey Documents/ Work Permit Current Alberta documents (Property Tax/Land Title/Mortgage/Lease agreement/Rental Insurance/Vehicle Registration) Canadian Passport (Expired PP is acceptable)
Indian Status Card/ Treaty Card Non- Canadian Passport
Federal ID (Department of National Defence/ Royal Canadian Mounted Police/ First Nations / Inuit )